REPLACEMENT GY6 ENGINE FOR THE POLARIS RZR170 SIDE-BY-SIDE: 170, 232cc
REPLACEMENT GY6 ENGINE FOR THE POLARIS RZR 200 SIDE-BY-SIDE:
If you are having a difficult time finding a replacement engine for your RZR170 you are not alone. They don't exist anywhere in the USA. We have a solution. This is a replacement engine for the RZR. You can get the same size 170cc engine or a 232cc engine for you Polaris 170RZR. With both of these engines you will receive a compatibility that allows you to install the engine on your RZR170. Minor fabrication is required with this kit as explained on the compatibility kit page. Call our technicians if you have any questions 434-447-4870.
Your RZR 170 with a bad engine is worth maybe $200 to $500. With a new engine it is worth $4,500 to $5,000. You can always try rebuilding the engine. We tried for a while and we are gy6 experts and after putting $500 to $600 in each engine only about half of these engines worked properly. We do not rebuild the RZR170 engines anymore.
All other buggies and UTVs have the engine parallel to the wheels. Only the RZR has the engine turned size ways in the vehicle, perpendicular to the wheels, requiring a weird right angle drive shaft and sprocket. We fix the problem with the standard GY6 engine with a standard drive shaft as shown in the picture below.
Engine 1: Stock GY6 170cc Engine. This is the same size engine that came on your RZR170.
- Engine 2: 232cc GY6 Engine. This engine comes stock with a 67mm big bore cylinder and piston and an 8.0mm high performance stroker crank.
ADD A UNI-FILTER TO YOUR ORDER AND GET A ONE YEAR WARRANTY.
YOU HAVE POWER PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
Option 2: 11 Pole Stator, rectifier and harness adapter. With this option you get more power to run your lights and other accessories. If you get this option it will be installed and tested in your engine--Click Here. The engine comes stock with an 8 pole stator. A few small number of vehicles require an 11 pole stator. Call before ordering if you.
You will get all of the components required to mount your engine.
Engine Compatibility Kit Includes:
- Front bottom mount and hardware. Can be bolted in place or welded if desired or both.
- Rear bottom engine mount and hardware. Can be bolted in place or welded if desired or both.
- Rear top engine mount and hardware. Can be bolted in place or welded if desired or both.
- Engine Sprocket and hardware.
- #50 Drive Chain
- All necessary hardware
- Axle Sprocket hub and hardware.
- Axle Sprocket
- Chain tensioner
Some Minor Welding and Fabrication is required
- Several holes will need to be drilled in the frame.
- The axle hub will need to be welded to the axle.
- A small cross member of the swing arm will need to be cut out of the bottom of the swing arm.
Our technicians can guide you through all of this.
You will also need to get our performance exhaust. This exhaust will give you a 10 to 20% increase in speed and power. Your old exhaust will not fit the new engine.
THE BDX PERFORMANCE TEAM MEMBERS ARE THE GY6 ENGINE EXPERTS IN THE USA. BUILDING AND SHIPPING HUNDREDS OF GY6 PERFORMANCE RACING ENGINES FOR OVER 10 YEARS. WE HAVE A FULL MACHINE SHOP IN VIRGINIA WITH AN ENGINE TECHNICIAN AND ENGINEER. SEE VIDEO
Click here to see additional important information regarding this engine.