TWISTER HAMMERHEAD GO-KART ENGINE, GY6 150CC EXTERNAL REVERSE ENGINE--GUARANTEED FIT
This is the 150cc, 175cc or 184cc GY6 engine for Twister Hammerhead--Guaranteed Fit! See engine options below.
ONE YEAR WARRANTY
This Bolt-Up Direct Fit engine for your vehicle is not available anywhere else. It is specifically custom modified to be a direct fit for your vehicle.
WARNING: If you are considering purchasing a GY6 engine from eBay, Amazon or any other USA seller you could receive a 125cc engine instead of a 150cc and you would never know it. Since 2006 China has a history of sending GY6 125cc engines in place of GY6 150cc engines. The engines look identical from the outside. BDX Performance is the only engine seller in the USA who disassembles and visually inspects engines to ensure that they are 150cc. We unbox and dissemble approximately 50% of every engine shipment that we receive as we convert these into 175cc engines. And we have caught some engines that are GY6 125cc being sold as GY6 150cc--see below. Don't play Russian roulette with your money. Get a guaranteed, verified and certified GY6 engine from BDX. The cylinder on the left is an actual cylinder that we pulled off of a China engine that we purchased as a 57mm GY6 150cc engine and was actually a 52mm GY6 125cc engine.
BDX 150CC GY6 ENGINES ARE GUARANTEED, VERIFIED AND CERTIFIED TO BE 150CC ENGINES:
ADD A UNI-FILTER TO YOUR ORDER AND GET A ONE YEAR WARRANTY.
YOU HAVE THREE ENGINE OPTIONS
Engine 1: 150cc Standard stock GY6 Engine with stock transmission--GUARANTEED DIRECT FIT. You can get this engine with a high performance transmission installed and get more torque and power to your wheels. Guaranteed-Certified-verified to be 150cc through our inspection process-No other engine seller in the USA can make this claim. We disassemble 50% of each lot and verify 150cc. Thousands of 125cc GY6 engines are sold, in the USA, each year as 150cc.
Engine 2: 175cc GY6 Racing Engine with stock transmission--GUARANTEED DIRECT FIT. This engine comes with the 62mm big bore cylinder and piston kit pictured below installed in a bored out case. We strongly recommend the BDX performance transmission for performance engines--Click here to see why.
- Engine 3: 184cc GY6 Racing Engine with stock transmission--GUARANTEED DIRECT FIT. This engine comes with the 62mm big bore cylinder and piston kit pictured below installed in a bored out case and a 3.0mm high performance stroker crank. Call regarding this option. We strongly recommend the BDX performance transmission for performance engines--Click here to see why.
YOU HAVE FIVE POWER PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
- Option 1: American made high performance Uni-Filter air filter ensures clean air to your engine and long life. See why a NEW Uni-Filter is MANDATORY for ALL new engines and purchase at this link. Your one year new engine warranty applies only if a new uni-filter is purchased with this engine. If you don't get a Uni-Filter you are guaranteed to be putting dirt into your clean NEW engine. Stock air filters do not effectively filter air and are the number one engine killer for GY6 engines. Don't get an engine without one. See Details
- Option 2: BDX High Performance Racing Transmission and Gates Powerlink Belt: Click here to see detail or add to your order.. If you add this option the parts will installed into your new engine. A Performance Transmission is the difference between a sluggish, slow and inefficient go-kart and a peppy, speedy and powerful go-kart that utilizes the full power of the engine--only $99 when purchased with an engine. See details
Option 4: 11 Pole Stator, rectifier and harness adapter. With this option you get more power to run your lights and other accessories. If you get this option it will be installed and tested in your engine--Click Here. The engine comes stock with an 8 pole stator. A few small number of vehicles require an 11 pole stator. Call before ordering if you
- Option 5: Performance Exhaust: You can get the BDX performance exhaust for any of the engines above for an estimated 10% to 15% increase in raw power--see video!. Your stock exhaust is restricting your power because the exhaust gases are being squeezed out through a tiny hole. The BDX Performance Exhaust fixes that. If you get a performance engine without the performance exhaust you will be restricting some of that NEW power. To see details or add the exhaust to your order click here. Or see our video to see what this increased horsepower looks like in a race click here.
Read article on how displacement relates to more power.
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS COMPARISON
Stock GY6 Engine
BDX Performance Racing Engine
We build and test our 175cc racing engine in our facility in Virginia.
We disassemble your 150cc engine, bore the case to make it larger so that we can install a 62mm big bore piston and cylinder. Then we re-assemble and test your engine.
Boring the Case for the 62mm Cylinder and Piston
62mm 175cc Big Bore Kit
Be sure to read the article on how displacement affects your power.
THE BDX PERFORMANCE TEAM MEMBERS ARE THE GY6 ENGINE EXPERTS IN THE USA. BUILDING AND SHIPPING HUNDREDS OF GY6 PERFORMANCE RACING ENGINES FOR OVER 10 YEARS. WE HAVE A FULL MACHINE SHOP IN VIRGINIA WITH AN ENGINE TECHNICIAN AND ENGINEER. SEE VIDEO
12 Month Warranty with Purchase of Uni-Filter
Please read the Warranty details in warranty section
Engine is shipped DRY with no oil.
Be sure to add 750ml of 10w40 to the crankcase and fill gearcase to the fill hole with 80w90 to the before starting. There should already be gear oil in the gearcase but it is always safe to check.
Adjust valves after break-in period.
Change oil after break-in period.
- Longer drive shaft to accommodate a reverse gear box but will work without a gear box also--Just add a spacer..
Engine is shipped DRY with no oil. Be sure to add 750ml of 10w40 to the crankcase and 120ml of 80w90 to the gearcase before starting.
Do not use synthetic oil in GY6 engines until after the break-in period.
Install a uni-filter with new engine for longer life and better performance. If you don't you are guaranteed to be putting dirt into your clean NEW engine. Stock Chinese air filters do not effective filter air and are the number one engine killer for GY6 engines.
Guaranteed Fit - No returns on engines.
Before ordering please call and speak to our technician if you have any questions regarding fitment. Please do not return your engine--call us if you ordered the wrong engine without consulting our technician. In the very rare event that there is a warranty issue please see warranty section.
About Oil Coolers:
Our engines Do NOT come with provisions for oil coolers. We've always advised strongly against the use of oil coolers on the GY6. We've seen too many instances where a cooler line bolt vibrated loose, dumping all of the engine oil and causing a massive failure. The perceived benefit isn't worth the risk. Oil coolers on the GY6 solve a problem that doesn't exist. Follow regular maintenance intervals, invest in a UNI Air filter (and keep it oiled), and your new engine will last many years even decades--we've seen it many times. Coolers provide a false sense of longevity benefits, and the only proven result is the added risk of unexpected massive failure.