We do assembly at our Atlanta warehouse. However, this assembly is outsourced to the warehouse and is not controlled by BDX Performance. We only control the assembly done at our VA production facility, The assembly done at any of our other warehouses is not tested and there is no independent final inspection. Thus BDX Performance does not control the quality on these assembled vehicles and you the customer are responsible for all final inspections and testing. Before riding be sure to check all safety areas. The following are some areas to check.
- Check to ensure that: the rear axle has kotter pins installed correctly and are the correct size where they will not come out of the hole in the axle
- Check to ensure that:the tie rod ends and ball joints kotter pins are installed correctly. Some vehicles may not require kotter pins if locking nuts are used. If there is a hole in the end of the tie rod then a kotter pin should be used. This is critical. If the kotter pins are not installed correctly or not the correct size and just nuts installed the nuts are guaranteed to come off and you will loose steering control.
- Check that the gas pedal is functioning properly. We have found that some vehicles require some adjustment in the throttle pedal or the pedal will stick. When we assemble in our facility we test and check for this. Being that these vehicles have not been tested an adult should ride first for a period and check for this.
- Check for the brakes to be working properly. Check brake components and ensure that everything is tight. Being that these vehicles have not been tested an adult should ride first for a period and check for this
- Check all lug nuts on all four wheels before riding. And check periodically to ensure they stay tight.
- Check the axle not and spindle not on the front and rear tires to make sure the are properly installed including checking for locking nuts or kotter pins or both.
- Check the steering system to make sure everything is tight and no loose bolts and that the system functions properly. Being that these vehicles have not been tested an adult should ride first for a period and check for this
- Check for gas leaks when you first pour gas into the vehicle and periodically while riding and before and after riding. Check that all gas line fitting are tight.