American Sportworks Bull Dog Pup UTV Engine, GY6 150cc
GUARANTED DIRECT FIT ENGINE FOR ASW BULL DOG PUP UTV WITH 8 POLE STATORS. Comes with a one year warranty--see details.
Some Bull Dog Pups may have an 8 pole stator and some have an 11 pole stator. Remove the plastic engine cover covering the white plastic fan and check the wires coming off of your stator. If you have three yellow wires coming off your stator you will need the 11 pole stator. If you purchase the 11 pole stator we will install it in your engine before it ships. If you do NOT have three yellow wires coming off of your stator then this engine will fit with no modifications.
This is a new GY6 150cc, 170cc, 175cc, or 232cc Internal Reverse Buggy Go-Kart Engine. The 150cc, 170cc, 175cc engines are a guaranteed direct fit for your vehicle and everything bolts up identical to your original stock engine including the shifting controls. See below for the 232cc engine.
New GY6 150cc, 175cc, or 184cc Internal Reverse Engine. This is a guaranteed direct fit for your vehicle and everything bolts up identical to your original stock engine including the shifting controls.
ADD A UNI-FILTER TO YOUR ORDER AND GET A ONE YEAR WARRANTY.
YOU HAVE FOUR ENGINE OPTIONS
Engine 1: 150cc Standard stock GY6 Engine with Internal Reverse with stock transmission--GUARANTEED DIRECT FIT.
- Engine 2: - 170cc GY6 Performance Engine with Internal Reverse and stock transmission--GUARANTEED DIRECT FIT. This big bore engine comes with the 61mm big bore cylinder and piston kit installed. We strongly recommend the BDX performance transmission for performance engines--Click here to see why.
Engine 3: 175cc GY6 Racing Engine with Internal Reverse and stock transmission--GUARANTEED DIRECT FIT. This engine comes with the 62mm big bore cylinder and piston kit pictured below installed in a bored out case. Recommend performance transmission.
- Engine 4: 184cc GY6 Racing Engine with Internal Reverse and stock transmission--GUARANTEED DIRECT FIT. This engine comes with the 62mm big bore cylinder and piston kit pictured below installed in a bored out case and a 3.0mm high performance stroker crank. Call regarding this option. Recommend performance transmission. This is not the exact engine for this vehicle and a bolt on compatibility kit is required.
YOU HAVE FIVE POWER PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
- Option 1: American made high performance Uni-Filter air filter ensures clean air to your engine and long life. See why a NEW Uni-Filter is MANDATORY for ALL new engines and purchase at this link. Your one year new engine warranty applies only if a new uni-filter is purchased with this engine. If you don't get a Uni-Filter you are guaranteed to be putting dirt into your clean NEW engine. See Details
- Option 2: BDX High Performance Racing Transmission and Gates Powerlink Belt: Click here to see detail or add to your order.. If you add this option the parts will installed into your new engine. A Performance Transmission is the difference between a sluggish, slow and inefficient vehicle and a peppy, speedy and powerful vehicle that utilizes the full power of the engine. See details. Regular price $249 - Now FREE when you send us your old core engine. See shipping prices for you to send us your old engine.
Option 4: 11 Pole Stator, rectifier and harness adapter. With this option you get more power to run your lights and other accessories. If you get this option it will be installed and tested in your engine--Click Here. The engine comes stock with an 8 pole stator.
- Option 5: Performance Exhaust: You can get the BDX performance exhaust for any of the engines above for an estimated 10% to 15% increase in raw power--see video!. Your stock exhaust is restricting your power because the exhaust gases are being squeezed out through a tiny hole. The BDX Performance Exhaust fixes that. If you get a performance engine without the performance exhaust you will be restricting some of that NEW power. To see details or add the exhaust to your order click here. Or see our video to see what this increased horsepower looks like in a race click here.
Read article on how displacement relates to more power.
How big bore kits & strokers work
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS COMPARISON
Stock GY6 Engine
BDX Performance Racing Engine
We build and test our 175cc racing engine in our facility in Virginia.
We disassemble your 150cc engine, bore the case to make it larger so that we can install a 62mm big bore piston and cylinder. Then we re-assemble and test your engine.
Boring the Case for the 62mm Cylinder and Piston
62mm 175cc Big Bore Kit
Be sure to read the article on how displacement affects your power.
Click here to see additional important information regarding this engine.