"BRUTE MUSCLE" POWER BUILD OVERHAUL SERVICE
184cc · STROKED · BORED · HI-COMPRESSION
Send your engine to us; we will rebuild your worn out 150cc and turn it into a race-ready 184cc!!
Our 184cc BRUTE MUSCLE upgrade is a massive improvement over what you're used to getting out of your old 150. Tires will spin and dirt will fly around the trail or track, even with the most aggressive tires. Want to know how it works on the inside? Read our very detailed article on the advantages of big bore and stroker builds.This listing is for services provided by BDX Performance.
You must send in your core for work to be done. We will prep and install the BRUTE MUSCLE package. Your engine will be returned to you as renewed 184cc, fully tested and ready to bolt in. We will also install other performance parts not listed here if you purchase them at the same time as this service.
ONE NASTY BOLT-IN RELIABLE POWERHOUSE
This ain't an eBay kit we're throwing on your engine. This is one of OUR secret recipe builds - A BDX EXCLUSIVE.
We've blown up a bunch of test engines over the years getting to this level of power for price. And have modified and tweaked components with our own in-house equipment, machinery, and ingenuity to balance power with reliability. Unlike others, this setup will last you MORE than just a couple season. When taken care of with proper filtration and lubrication, you can expect our builds to last as long or longer than stock. This build is rock solid on reliability and BACKED UP WITH OUR 1 YEAR WARRANTY.See that BDX 184 kicking dirt going up the hill in the video?That 184 engine was built in 2012 and still starts on the first crank. No smoke, no oil, no nothin'.
Premium USA Boring and Machining
Our borework is done on 4,500 pound machinery built for precision. The end result is a center bore far better than stock.
We hold a tight consistent tolerance to the outer wall of the 62mm cylinder sleeve. This contributes significantly to long-term reliability and cannot be achieved with 5 pound handheld drill boreout tools the other guys are using.
Custom BDX 184cc piston. Machined in-house, Engineered in-house.
This isn't a random piston thrown into the build from whatever popular brand. We specifically engineered and tailored this piston to this exact build combination.
Critical parameters like squish band, deck height, compression ratio, ring landing thickness, all dramatically change the performance and reliability characteristics of your engine. Our specs are all calculated, known and nailed down. Ask other sellers if they even know what these terms mean!
Go ahead, we'll wait with our engineering toolkit open to check whatever fuzzy numbers they come back with!
Our perimeter dome matches the angle and contour of the cylinder head, with a tight deck height and a small squish band.
The dish of the piston is tuned to hit our target high-compression ratio of 10.35:1. We wanted you to be able to run pump gas reliably without spark knock issues. For reference, stock is 9.2:1. Generally speaking, the higher this number is, the bigger bang and power you get out of the same size CC. So no, due to this and many other factors, not all 184cc builds are created equal!
THE BDX SPEED SHOP
You won't find the same thing coming out of China, Taiwan, or anywhere else in the States. Our engine packages are exclusively available here at BDX Performance.BUILT WITH PRIDE IN THE USA
Use a genuine UNI FILTER only. No K&N filters, No cheap Chinese foam filters. Absolutely no stock filters.
Break-in information is in our 184cc manual. Download it here.
Adjusting valve lash is not required and not recommended during or after break-in.
HOW THIS SERVICE WORKS
- Order from this web-page.
- We will email the mailing information with the order confirmation/receipt. (Look towards the bottom of the confirmation email)
- Remove your engine, DRAIN OILS, and clean debris from your engine.
- Send us the engine, and we'll take care of it from there!
EVERYTHING INCLUDED AT THIS PRICE
- BDX MACHINE BOREWORK MACHINING AND PREP
- BDX INSPECTION AND PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY
- BDX FULL TEST ROUTINE BEFORE SHIPPING
BDX 62mm Big Bore Cylinder Kit
- BDX-Spec 62mm Cylinder Body
- Piston Rings
- Wrist Pin & Clips
- 60.8mm Stroker Crankshaft & Crank Bearings
- BDX 184cc Stroker Hi-compression Piston
- 184 Optimized Transmission
- 14G Sliders Weights
- 1500 RPM Spring
- Koso 115mm Variator
- Koso High-stall Clutch
- New Performance cylinder head
- New timing chain
- New timing chain guides
- New oil pump
- New oil pump chain
- New Gates Powerlink drive belt
- New clutch bell
- New Starter Clutch
- New seals and gaskets (excluding reverse)
We will also install other performance parts not listed here if you purchase them from us at the same time as this service.
Every BDX Speed Shop engine build is covered under warranty.
Warranty Conditions and exclusions:
- BDX 12-Month/2,000 Mile Limited Parts Warranty
- The new components of your engine are warrantied for 1 year (365 days) from the date of delivery or 2,000 miles, whichever condition is met first. The warranty covers issues with the parts that arise due to defects in material or factory workmanship.
- IMPORTANT! You must use a genuine UNI Air Filter as a condition of this warranty.
Question: Can I modify my engine without voiding the warranty?
BDX Performance does not accept returns or refunds on engine builds under any circumstances.
- -If the engine is run for any period of time without an air filter, the warranty will be terminated.
- -If the engine is run for any period of time without proper lubrication, the warranty will be terminated.
- -Belts, CVT weights, and clutches are not covered under warranty.
No. Each component was chosen to match with other parts of the build. Changing parts of this build will most likely reduce performance, or cause damage. If you're going to do it anyway and sacrifice your warranty, contact us before modifying the engine for advice.Warranty Procedure
If you think a component should be covered under warranty, please contact us
online and submit a warranty request.IMPORTANT!
BDX does not operate through 3rd party repair shops, thus under no circumstance shall BDX be liable for service costs by any 3rd party shop or service provider.
Our BDX 175, 184cc performance engines are for off-road racing purposes only.